Whereas we believe that by divine grace we have received the Lord Jesus as our Savior and have consecrated ourselves to Him and,
Whereas we have been buried with Him in baptism upon confession of faith and thereby have been embodied in His Church,
We therefore solemnly and joyfully unite with one another to carry out the following vows by the help of the Holy Spirit:
1. We engage to walk together in Christian love, to watch over one another, to share our joys and sorrows, and to bear each other’s burdens;
2. We engage not to disregard the means of grace, not to neglect the assembling of ourselves together, not to give preference to worldly organizations but to strive for the spiritual well-being of the church, to advance its unity, its intensive and extensive growth to support its services and its missionary program with our prayers and our money, to keep holy the Lord’s Day, to respect the order, discipline and doctrines of the church, to honor the divinely appointed of the Gospel and his co-laborers and to pray for them:
3. We engage to contribute cheerfully, regularly and liberally to the support of the Gospel ministry in our own midst and among the nations, and to remember the poor;
4. We engage to cultivate the spiritual life within our own hearts and in our family circles, to train our children in the fear of the Lord, to win souls for Him, and to strive to live a life pure and acceptable to God, proving ourselves true witnesses before the world, holding fast our confession until He shall appear in His glory;
5. To this end we further engage to be just in our dealings, faithful in our obligations, temperate in our habits, and exemplary in our deportment; to avoid all tattling, backbiting, and unseemly anger; to walk circumspectly in the world, to avoid all forms of business, amusements and social contacts which are detrimental to spiritual life and destroy the effectiveness of our witness.
Now the God of Peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepard of the Sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, make you perfect in every good work to do His will, working in you that which is well-pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.